New Q-Step Internship Programme
Oxford Q-Step Centre is looking for organisations to take part in our new Q-Step Internship programme. These internships will be offered to Oxford undergraduate social science students who are studying Quantitative Methods as part of their degrees in Philosophy, Politics & Economics and History & Politics. We would expect them to be involved in a project where they could put their data skills to best use. The internships will be 4-10 weeks long. Participating employers will benefit from highly motivated Oxford undergraduates working on a specific project, and also from establishing links with the University of Oxford.
We would ask sponsoring organisations to:
- provide a description of the internship project(s) offered, including an overview of the skills required by the ideal candidate.
- provide the intern with an appropriate work space and equipment necessary to carry out the project work.
- designate a point of contact within the organisation, who will supervise the student, and act as the primary contact for communications with OQC.
- select the intern from a pool of candidates
- follow minimum wage legislation (for UK applicants) or, for non-profit making organisations, to provide accommodation and sustenance
- where necessary, sponsor the student for a visa covering the duration of the placement
- provide feedback to OQC by evaluating the intern at the end of the placement.